Books and Blog Posts -- See the Sidebar for My List of Books!

Saturday, July 13, 2024

Duchess, Part 2

In my last post I blogged about the Duchess chocolate cake. Today I would like to food blog about Duchess's eggplant parm. They do something really clever, instead of serving it on a hero wedge like most places do, they cut the eggplant into large round slices and deep fry it, then they put it in a hamburger bun and cover it with marinara sauce and melted mozzarella, and it's like a veggie burger but it's actually better than a veggie burger. And Duchess has two veggie burgers already on their menu, they have a Beyond burger and they also have a veggie burger that's sort of like a Praeger burger, but I've taken to ordering their eggplant parm instead of their veggie burger because it's such a good, clever vegetarian option, I'm amazed more people don't serve eggplant parm as a burger. It's delicious!
But, if you don't live in Connecticut, you'll probably never eat at a Duchess. Alas!