Russell Hasan's blog. 100% human-written and 0% AI-generated, because, while you might want a machine to do your thinking for you, I prefer to use the brain God gave me
Thursday, October 1, 2026
Author Update October 2026
My two new novels I published early last month failed to sell, so, on the advice of some writers who I workshopped them with at a writer's workshop, I have re-categorized them as YA fantasy. One of them was a novel I always envisioned as YA fantasy. The other novel I had thought was just a normal fantasy novel, but the people who read it told me they viewed it as YA fantasy also, so we'll see if the YA fantasy readers find it interesting, because the readers of regular fantasy did not. That's the one where the main characters have Autism and ADHD, which is a young person's issue, despite that the protagonists in that novel are college-age, not high school-age. Hopefully YA readers enjoy the novels.