Books and Blog Posts -- See the Sidebar for My List of Books!

Sunday, June 16, 2024

I've fallen in love... with a slice of chocolate cake

In Connecticut there is a fast food chain called Duchess which only exists in Connecticut, and I have fallen in love with this sort of chocolate cake pie that they make, if you are ever in Connecticut you must eat at Duchess, and if you eat at Duchess you must have their chocolate cake pie. It's basically chocolate cream pie but they make the pie crust with crumbled Oreo cookies and it's just divine. And normally, when I find food I love, I try it several times and eventually it gets boring and I move on, but I have been having one slice of this cake each day for the past week, and I'm not getting bored with it, it's so good that I discover new facets of its flavor profile each time I eat it. (Don't worry, I'm not gaining weight--my car broke down recently so I now walk as my primary mode of transportation, so I walk 2 miles a day and I've actually lost weight in the past week).

I bought something at my local drug store today and the cashier said to me "Happy Fathers' Day, because you're a man," and I could have gotten really angry and snapped back "I'm not a man, I'm agender," but this person was a boomer and obviously very uneducated and it's a drug store that caters to an uneducated working class clientele and I was like, you know what, this person wouldn't understand, just move on, so I said "thank you" and left, which I think was me being a nice person instead of getting angry.

I was also thinking about the scene in Lord of the Rings: Return of the King were Eowyn says "I am no man!" and it would have hit if Eowyn was agender.